The question that most coffee lovers are troubled with does not involve what type of coffee or the brewing machine to use. The issue that worries most coffee brew makers is how to clean coffee carafe. Cleaning the coffee stains is difficult, but with few easy remedies, you can ensure that your stainless steel coffee pot remains sparkling clean all the time. Let’s delve deeper into how to clean a stainless steel coffee pot.
How to Clean a Stained Coffee Pot?
- Vinegar method: Vinegar with is acidic properties, is one of the oldest natural cleaners known to man, and it works wonders for removing coffee stains in a coffee pot carafe. To clean your coffee pot carafe with vinegar, you need to pour a mixture of half vinegar and half water in a coffee pot, heat it, let it stay overnight and then rinse to remove stains.
- Baking soda method: Baking soda forms an important part of coffee pot cleaner recipe as baking soda is one of the best cleaning agents, especially if you are looking for ways to remove coffee stains. To clean your coffee pot carafe, you need to pour hot water into the pot along with a tablespoon of baking soda and let it stay overnight before rinsing it the next day with regular water.
- Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide: To clean coffee maker, baking soda works best when used with hydrogen peroxide. To clean the coffee pot carafe using this ingredient, you have to pour hot water in coffee pot carafe along with half cup of hydrogen peroxide and three tablespoons of baking soda. Keep it for an hour before rinsing to find a sparkling coffee pot.
- Vinegar and salt: A combination of vinegar and iodized salt also forms one of the best coffee pot cleaner ingredients. Vinegar along with iodized salts acts directly on coffee stains in the carafe and removes the stains to perfection. All you need to do is put vinegar, iodized salt, and ice cubes in the coffee pot and keep it till the ice cubes melt, and then you rinse the pot.
- Dishwashing powder: How to clean a stained coffee pot using detergent is something everyone wants to know. Not only cleaning with detergent easy, but it is also effective. All you need to do is pour water into the coffee pot, add dishwashing powder and let it stay overnight. In the morning, rinse the coffee pot and coffee stains will be gone.
- Denture cleaning balls: Denture cleaning balls also clean the coffee pots carafe very quickly. The procedure can be used not just for cleaning stainless steel coffee pots but also stainless steel coffee mugs. All you need to do is add water to the coffee pot, add denture balls, and let the mixture stay for an hour and rinse to find a sparkling coffee pot.
Check below some of the best coffee pots:
It is often the case that people who own brew coffee machines ask questions such as how to clean stainless steel coffee mugs and coffee pots and while cleaning them is relatively easy, it is only so if you use the right ingredients. Water and detergent alone will not do the trick. Also, you would have to use a brush after using any of the above methods to let the stain off completely. Happy cleaning and happy brewing.