Coffee is an important part of existing happily for many. With the right coffee beans, the perfect grind, and the precise brew, you can find heaven on earth. If you are a coffee lover, constantly on the lookout for a good coffee brewing machine, this review is for you. To start the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew review, here are some of the noteworthy features:
- Capacity: The 2-way option gives you flexibility with regards to the amount of coffee you want to make. On one side, you can use the single-serve option to brew a quick cup of coffee to jumpstart your mornings. This can be a normal-sized cup or a 14 oz. Travel mug for days when you have an early morning meeting. An adjustable cup rest helps to provide this option. The other side of the coffeemaker is used for larger servings when you have company at home or for use in the office cafeteria to keep everyone awake and alert. You can brew up to 12 cups of coffee with this option.
- Choice of brew: The Hamilton Beach Flexbrew is all about flexibility, with no restriction on the type of coffee you can make. You could use your favorite coffee grind or a K-cup pack; you can opt for strong coffee or normal caffeine levels, the choice is entirely yours.
- Space: This coffeemaker doesn’t look like a giant machine perched on your countertop. The dimensions of 10.63 inches (27 centimeters) wide, 10.24 inches (26 centimeters) deep, and 13.9 inches (35.3) high are pretty reasonable for home use.
- Construction: It is mainly made of glass and stainless steel, and the parts can be removed and washed in a dishwasher.
- Timing: For the carafe side you can use a programmable timer to set the duration of the brew. This comes with a 2-hour auto shutoff in case you forget about it. For days when you are in a hurry, you can use the option to pause and serve yourself even before the brew cycle is finished.
- Also in the pack: The package comes with the actual machine, a 12-cup carafe, a basket for filters, a single-serve tray with an insert for ground coffee and an insert for K-cups. It also comes with a ‘Quick Start’ guide with easy, illustrated instructions on installation, operation, and cleaning. What’s more, you get a year’s warranty on the product.
- Customer service: A toll-free number lets you contact customer support in the US.
- Brews single-serving or full pot of coffee
- Allows use of ground coffee or K-cup packs
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 10.63 inches x 10.24 inches x 13.9 inches
- Material: Glass, stainless steel
- Weight: 8.8 pounds
The Good Parts About This Product
- Bring able to use K-cups is a big point for the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew. Many coffee aficionados falter while trying to buy a coffeemaker that lets them use K-cups, there aren’t many reasonably priced options in the market.
- The fact that you have the option to brew a single cup or a full pot of coffee is also a great thing. It’s as if the manufacturers read your mind and built in the flexibility.
- The compact size of this coffeemaker scores points in its favor. You don’t have a monolith which occupies all you counter space. This machine is small and fits easily into a cubby hole without interfering with your overhead shelves either.
- The extraction of coffee is good, and you can get the full flavor of the beans by brewing a strong pot of coffee.
- Programmable timers are also a boon to the coffeemaker industry. The hot plate keeps your coffee warm even if you have forgotten about it.
- The little plastic that is used is BPA-free, so don’t worry about toxins leaching into your body through the coffee.
The ‘Not So Great’ Parts
- While using the single-serving side, the hot plate on the carafe side warms up. This is mentioned in the user manual too. It’s not a deal-breaker, but just something you should be aware of, so you can take care.
- Be careful about how much water you fill in the single-serve side. If there is too much water, you will get an error message, and the brewing will not begin. Also, there is no automatic shut-off depending on the size of your mug.
The Last Few Words
A Few words in conclusion to end this Hamilton Beach Flexbrew review. Any coffee lover will tell you that getting a coffeemaker which gives you so much flexibility is tough. Hamilton Beach has a reliable product which does a good job of brewing coffee while giving you so many options. If you are on the lookout for a quality coffeemaker, this is the one for you. Order it online, read the instructions, figure out the basics and get started.