There aren’t many who would not appreciate the flavor and taste of a freshly grounded cup of coffee. More than half the world wakes up to its favorite brew each day. The Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton is the new Best Hand Coffee Grinder made available to all the budding baristas.
Hario Skertan Ceramic Coffee Mill Grinder
Hario, the Japanese heat proof glass maker, have been into the business of making glassware for various uses. The ceramic coffee grinder is for those who don’t like to spend too much money on automatic coffee makers with grinders, but would still like to have the freshness and aroma in their morning cuppa.
- The design: On the first appearance the grinder seems to be a sturdy coffee grinder with a comfortable handle and a screw on top. Upon unscrewing, the top silicon cover comes off. Furthermore, the bottom of the storage unit also has a silicon base covering to allow it to stay put comfortably.
The unscrew motion can separate the bottom half which is the storage unit and the top half where the beans are placed for grinding. The top half contains the ceramic grinders, and it is through them that the grounded coffee passes through and flows downwards into the storage unit.
- The mechanism: Coffee beans are required to be filled in the top container and then with a circular motion in force, the beans are crushed and thereon collected in the glass tank below. The transparent coffee grinders burr will give you a hint about the kind of grounding is being performed.
The user can also adjust the grind. For this purpose, first, you will have to unscrew the bolt on top and detach the handle. Next, the steps will be required to be adjusted to achieve the desired grind. Moreover, the beans are shaved and not just cut by a blade rendering a more consistent aroma and flavor to the coffee.
- The efficiency: Usually the problem with coffee grounding machines is the generation of heat. As a result of this heat creation, the flavor of the coffee gets lost. In the case of the Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton, the conical burrs allow for precision grinding. This process results in the production of very little heat and thereby preserving the coffees’ essential oils. It, therefore, is also a best espresso grinder.
- High-quality parts: They are dishwasher safe and made from the highest quality materials. The durability of the product is the trademark of the brand.
- The ceramic: The process of grinding is not all that easy. The importance of attaining the right texture and size cannot be reiterated more. This is so because the evenness allows uniform extraction of soluble. Ceramic burr mills do this job just perfectly. Therefore, most of the baristas world over prefer them over blade grinders. Also, they are ideal coffee bean grinders for home use.
- Dimensions: The Hario Mill Grinder measures approximately: 16 x 11 x 13 inches and weighs 1.2 pounds.
- Structure: It is sturdy and comfortable to hold. The top silicon lid prevents the coffee beans from bouncing off. Moreover, the grinding handle allows easy movement. Also, the rubber base under the glass storage unit prevents the grinder from slipping.
- Preference: Through the Grinder, you can achieve a range of grind sizes.
- Compact size and ergonomically designed.
- Easy to carry around and use.
- High-quality ceramic burns.
- Available at a very good pricing.
- Ideal for home based coffee enthusiasts.
- Easy to wash and clean.
- It cannot replace a coffee maker with grinder.
- The grinding process could be tiring for most individuals.
- More effort is needed for a finer grind.
- The handle gets stuck once in a while.
Burr coffee grinder reviews consumer reports have regarded the Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton to be the most recognizable hand grinder of all time coming from the most trusted Japanese coffee equipment manufacturers. This particular model has undergone several modifications and evolved into a complete hand grinder – regarding ergonomics, effectiveness, and price point of view. All in all the product is worth every penny, and a must have for all coffee lovers.
After taking into the record the above figures and points, it can be said that the Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton is by all means the Best Hand Coffee Grinder available in the market at this point. It offers the most ergonomically designed system including a space to store and keep the grounded coffee fresh. There are also ways through which the user can set the texture of the grounded coffee beans to enjoy their favorite brew.